In this pack you will find 5 activities to introduce the concept of GROWTH MINDSET in the EFL classroom:
- Your brain is like a muscle: discussion activity to remove the belief that intelligence is fixed and cannot be changed. Show the pictures and use them to compare how athletes can improve and how the brain can learn and get better too.
- Change your words: if you change your words you'll change your mindset! Transform "fixed" statements into growth mindset oriented ones.
- Affirmations for the classroom: set of 12 quotes ready to hang in your room.
- S.M.A.R.T goal setting: introduce the concept of S.M.A.R.T goals and model how to write one. Students write their goals and come up with a list of things they can do to achieve them.
- The power of yet: introduce the word "yet" and discuss how powerful is saying "I can't do this... yet!" vs just saying "I can't do this". Students write what they can't do and their plans to change that.
These activities are aimed at A1-A2 CEFR students.